Monday, December 14, 2009

30 Days Of Christmas In Love



Readers:  This is a series. For Days 1-16  see previous "30 Days"
posts.















Day  17

He  is  Thrifty.

One of my favorite blogs is titled  "The Cheapskate Mom".
It is written by another blogger mom who is always able to share various nifty, thrifty ideas with her readers. My husband, however, could have written the book on being "THRIFTY".  Otherwise Known As:  CHEAP! He has SOOO  many  tricks up his sleeve,it's almost embarrassing.
But he is not entirely to blame for his obsession with  bargaining and scrimping and saving . His Father
was known for his thrifty ideas like: splitting one roll of toilet paper into two for double the wiping, and coasting his car into a parking space to save on gas. My husband is not nearly this cheap, but he can haggle the pants right off of  a haggler! His thrift tricks are not just relegated to monetary  ventures though. If there is a waiting line somewhere....you'd better believe he'll find a way around it. If there is a back-up in traffic....he's finding his way through like a bird-dog on its  prey! But at least  I KNOW that we won't be waiting in line at the bank when that rainy day comes that he's been saving up all of those scrimped pennies and dimes for!
                                                

   SCRIPTURE  OF  THE  DAY
  The rich and the poor have this in common:
        the Lord made them both.
              PROVERBS  22: 2                            

2 comments:

  1. Now I can appreciate the thriftiness cause I'm the same way. I not great at haggling, but saving and conserving I do pretty well. I'd let my wife see this post, but I don't think I'll let her see any of the others you've been putting up-- makes me look bad!

    By the way----
    check out the VBT Writers on the Move blog today. I won an opportunity to be profiled on their site and it appears today:

    http://vbt-writersonthemove.blogspot.com/2009/12/arlee-bird-and-desert-place.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear, truth is I wish I learnt to be more thrifty or rather had someone to learn from. though my dad is thrifty for himself, he never taught us to be so. He pampers us, told us to spend if need for it or want it. So NOT SO GOOD HABITS FORMED. Wish I knew how to bargain, I watch my friends in awe when they manage to get stuff at such low prices.

    Once again your husband is a blessing.

    ReplyDelete